Are you buying a home in the San Jose, CA area? Or are you a seller looking for a pre-listing home inspection? No matter which side of the residential real estate coin you’re on, you want to make sure you hire a professional, thorough home inspector. Your ability to make solid real-estate decisions depends on it!
We at Wall 2 Wall Property Inspections recommend that you choose a home inspector before you really need one. That way, you don’t feel rushed to select someone when you’re in negotiations. Instead, you can confidently call your home inspector who you selected in advance.
Here’s how we suggest finding a home inspector:
- Gather references. Ask your friends, family members, or co-workers for recommendations (and who to avoid!). If you’re new to San Jose, check online customer reviews.
- Make a list of somewhere between five and seven inspectors you want to consider. Remember this list is your starting point. You’ll cross off non-contenders as you proceed.
- Check websites. Your first stop should be the company’s website and About Us page. Browse and see what information you can find, check their credentials, and see what questions you have.
- Schedule three interviews. If possible, interview the home inspector in person. Have a list of questions ready, and be sure to pay attention to the inspector’s level of professionalism and communication skills. Ask about past work and what’s included in the home inspection.
- Select your home inspector. Pay attention to your instincts and the information you’ve gathered. You want to choose a home inspector with a solid reputation and someone with whom you feel comfortable.
After choosing your home inspector, you can feel confident about making your San Jose home-buying or home-selling decisions.
Be sure to keep Wall 2 Wall on your search list, and contact us at (408) 905-9255 to hear more about our home inspection process, specialty inspections, or our home inspection team. We’ll gladly answer your questions so you can make a confident decision.
Comments are closed.