Homeowners and commercial property owners alike are increasingly concerned about energy efficiency. One of the best ways to get started on improving a building’s energy efficiency is by ordering an infrared inspection. These inspections reveal areas of heat loss as well as moisture leaks and electrical malfunctions. At Wall 2 Wall Property Inspections, we perform infrared inspections in San Mateo and Santa Clara counties.
Benefits of an Infrared Inspection
With the use of an infrared camera, our home inspectors will uncover temperature variations in your home. These temperature variations can signal a variety of issues that lead to energy inefficiency and heat loss. Ideally, a thermal imaging inspection will help you make corrections to your home that save money on monthly utilities. Furthermore, if caught early enough, thermal imaging can reveal minor issues before they escalate into major crises.
Kinds of Issues Revealed
Thermal imaging is useful for determining the energy efficiency of a building and helping homeowners increase their home’s performance. Additionally, infrared inspections are useful for identifying a variety of issues, including:
- HVAC performance – With the use of an infrared camera, it is readily apparent if registers and heaters are operating properly.
- Ceiling stains – Infrared cameras reveal temperature variations on ceilings. If a ceiling stain is significantly cooler than the rest of the ceiling, there is likely an active leak causing the problem.
- Heated floors – Thermal imaging is the only effective way to inspect heated floors.
- Tiled shower leaks – Often times, shower leaks go unnoticed until they start dripping through the ceiling below. Fortunately, temperature variations around the shower can be detected through thermal imaging, giving homeowners a chance to fix the problem before it becomes an emergency.
- Insulation problems – Infrared cameras are most commonly used to detect insulation problems. Areas that are not properly insulated are very obvious.
- Hot spots in attics – During the winter, infrared cameras reveal areas where excessive heat escapes into the attic. This can also reveal fire hazards from improperly vented bathroom fans and recessed lights.
- Electrical problems – Infrared cameras can detect hot breakers and outlets that pose fire hazards.
Request an Infrared Inspection
An infrared inspection from Wall 2 Wall will provide invaluable information about your home’s efficiency and safety. In addition to infrared inspections, we also provide home inspections, commercial property inspections, and a variety of other specialty inspections. To schedule an inspection, contact us today at (888) 991-9255.