When your home is susceptible to leaks and flooding, related problems such as water damage are more likely to occur. If that isn’t bad enough, mold may also start growing in your home. At Wall 2 Wall Property Inspections, we can detect if mold is present in your home. With our mold inspection services,we’ll test the property for mold and can refer you to remediation companies in San Jose if the test turns out positive.
If we find that there is no mold in your home, it’s important to realize that your property is still at risk for mold growth in the future. Fortunately, you can take precautionary steps to prevent mold from growing in your home:
- Clean on a Regular Basis: When you’re frequently cleaning your house, you’re more likely to notice spots that are water damaged.
- Inspect Ignored Rooms: Most people don’t spend time in their crawlspaces and attics, so mold may be growing in these areas without you knowing about it. If you inspect overlooked rooms, you may be able to find areas of concern.
- Purchase a Dehumidifier: Having a dehumidifier purifies the air and prevents air contaminants from collecting.
- Remodel Your Interior: Simple remodeling efforts, such as using anti-fungal paint, offer a first line of defense in preventing mold growth.
- Repair Every Leak: Mold can grow in a time span of only 24 to 48 hours. Fix any leaking pipes, cracks in the foundation, or deteriorating window frames as quickly as possible.
- Reposition Your Downspouts: Debris, soil, and stones can build up against the foundation of your home if the downspouts are positioned to drain water towards the house. Water can then easily seep inside your home if your foundation has any cracks in it. For the interior of your property to remain dry, reposition your downspouts so that water drains away from the house.